How to share the Internet from your Android phone over Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and USB > 고객센터

본문 바로가기

How to share the Internet from your Android phone over Wi-Fi, Bluetoot…

페이지 정보

작성자 Essie 댓글 0건 조회 3회 작성일 24-09-17 00:51

본문

In this article, let's look at four different ways to give away Internet access or use your Android phone as a modem:

• Over Wi-Fi by creating a wireless hotspot on your phone using the built-in operating system tools
  • By Bluetooth
  • Via USB cable connection, turning your phone into a modem.
  • With the help of third-party programs

I think this material will be useful for many people - from my experience, I know that many owners of Android smartphones are not even aware of this feature, despite the fact that it would be very useful for them.

How it works and the price of such Internet

When using Android phone as a modem to access the Internet of other devices, the phone itself must be connected via 3G, 4G (LTE) or GPRS/EDGE in the cellular network of your service provider. So, the price for Internet access is calculated according to the tariffs of Beeline, MTS, Megafon or other communication service provider. And it can be expensive. Therefore, if, for example, the cost of one megabyte of traffic is quite high for you, I recommend, before using your phone as a modem or Wi-Fi router, to connect any package option of the operator for Internet access, which will reduce costs and make such connection justified.

Let me explain by example: if you have Beeline, Megafon or MTS and you have just subscribed to one of the current for today (summer 2013) tariffs of mobile communication, which does not provide any "Unlimited" Internet access services, then when using your phone as a modem, listening to one 5-minute music song of average quality online will cost you from 28 to 50 rubles. If you connect Internet access services with a daily fixed fee, you will not have to worry that all the money will disappear from the account. It should also be noted that downloading games (for PCs), using torrents, watching videos and other delights of the Internet - this is not what you need to do through this type of access.

Setting up modem mode to create a Wi-Fi hotspot on Android (using your phone as a router)

Google's Android mobile operating system has a built-in wireless hotspot feature. To enable this feature, go to your Android phone's settings screen, tap "More" under "Wireless & Networks", then open "Modem Mode". Then tap "Configure Wi-Fi hotspot."

Here you can set the parameters of the wireless hotspot created on your phone - SSID (Wireless Network Name) and password. The item "Protection" is best left at WPA2 PSK.

After you have finished setting up the wireless access point, check the "Portable Wi-Fi hotspot" checkbox. Now you can connect to the created hotspot from your laptop, or any Wi-Fi tablet.

Accessing the Internet via Bluetooth

On the same Android settings page, you can enable the "Shared Internet via Bluetooth" option. Once this has been done, you can connect to the network via Bluetooth from your laptop, for example.

To do this, make sure the appropriate adapter is enabled on it and the phone itself is visible for detection. Go to Control Panel - "Devices and Printers" - "Add New Device" and wait for your Android device to be detected. Once your computer and phone are paired, in the list of devices, right click on and select "Connect using" - "Access Point". For technical reasons I was not able to implement this at my place, so I do not attach a screenshot.

Using Android phone as a USB modem

If you connect your phone to your laptop with a USB cable, the USB modem option will become active in the modem mode settings on it. Once you enable it, a new device will be installed in Windows and a new device will appear in the list of connections.

Provided your computer is not connected to the Internet by other means, this is the one that will be used to access the network.

Programs for using your phone as a modem

In addition to the already described Android system features for realizing Internet distribution from your mobile device in various ways, there are also many applications for the same purpose, which you can download from the Google Play app store. For example, FoxFi and que significa el circulo verde en whatsapp PdaNet+. Some of these apps require root on your phone, some do not. That being said, using third-party apps allows you to remove some of the restrictions that are present in "Modem Mode" in Google Android OS itself.

That concludes this article. If you have any questions or additions, please write in the comments.

Maybe it will be interesting:

• The best free programs for Windows
  • How to add Bluetooth icon to Windows taskbar
  • How to exit full screen mode in Windows SPACE
  • Flash drive shows up as two separate disks - why and what to do?
  • How to delete duplicate photos and videos on iPhone
  • Computer or laptop won't start after CMOS battery replacement - what to do?

• Windows 11
  • Windows 10
  • Android
  • Bootable flash drive
  • Virus Cure
  • Data recovery
  • Installing from a flash drive
  • Router setup
  • All about Windows
  • Contact
  • Classmates

• Ivan 24.05.2015 at 00:37 pm

• Dmitry 24.05.2015 at 08:59

• Dmitry 31.03.2016 at 11:14 am

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

대표자 : 신동혁 | 사업자등록번호 : 684-67-00193

Tel. : 031-488-8280 | Mobile : 010-5168-8949 | E-mail : damoa4642@naver.com

경기도 시흥시 정왕대로 53번길 29, 116동 402호 Copyright © damoa. All rights reserved.